New Terms and Conditions from January 2024
Below you will find a list of the most important changes and you can already view the new conditions.
Most important changes to the General Terms and Conditions of the OV-chipkaart
• We've clarified the writing for better readability.
• We have updated everything by removing old processes that are no longer used.
• You must be able to delete your My OV-chip account, you are entitled to do so. In addition, we delete accounts if they are inactive. We have added this to article 18.
• You can reclaim your balance up to 5 years after the expiry of your OV-chipkaart, instead of 12 months. We have adjusted this in article 35.
• You can now also terminate your active card via the website to get the balance back. We have adjusted this in article 37.
• We have added OVpay's services in article 63.
• The complaints procedure has been adjusted. This is now more in line with the current authorities.
Most important changes to the General Terms and Conditions of Automatic Reload
• We have added that you make a verification payment of €0.01 when requesting or changing the account number for automatic reload. This is stated in article 8.
• And that it is not possible to unblock a blocked card is now stated in article 15.
• The chapter on Fraud has been expanded to include possible abuse.
• Information about personal data and the privacy statement can be found in the new article 40.
View the new General Terms and Conditions for Automatic Reload