How to create an expenses overview
You can create a travel expenses overview through your public transport travel history. This is possible for either a personal or an anonymous card. De card should however be linked to your account.
Do you have an anonymous OV-chipkaart and would you rather not register? Then you can also make an expenses overview without an account.
If you linked an OV-chipkaart to your account, you will be able to see all transactions on your card up to 18 months back. For example: If you link your OV-chipkaart on the 1st of January 2023, you will be able to see all transactions up to July 2021.
Do you travel by train or metro, then you will see your transactions within 30 minutes in your overview.
Do you travel by bus or tram? Then it might take longer before you can view your trips. Buses usually take a lot longer to transfer the data because they first need to be connected to their home base. This might take a few days.
No transactions (yet)
It is possible that the transit company you travelled with has not forwarded your trips to us yet. This happens when there has been some work on the system. This may cause your trip overview to be empty or only half filled.
How it works
1. Log in with your username and password.
2. Go to My travel history.
3. Choose the OV-chipkaart you would like to view the transactions for.
4. Choose the period you would like to view the transactions for (week, weekend or month). Do you want an overview of more than one month? Download separate overviews per month.
5. Select the transactions you would like to include in your expenses overview. You can do this by clicking on the boxes under the word 'declare'.
6. Your check-out transactions are selected as standard. You can also deselect these, of course.
7. Click on the button 'create expenses overview'.
8. Then click on the PDF button in the top right of your overview.
9. Your expenses overview will be displayed. You can save or print this file.
Create your annual expenses overview after March 1st
We recommend that you create an annual overview for the previous year after March 1st. Sometimes operators send transactions later. This may mean that you are still missing transactions before March 1st.
Travel on public transport is subject to 9% VAT
Good to know
Do you travel on account and do you pay afterwards (for example with NS Flex)? Then you will not see any fares in your travel history. You will see the fares in your Mijn NS account and, of course, on your monthly invoice. You can also find the invoices in your My NS account. You can use this for your declarations.