Terminate or replace
If your personal OV-chipkaart has expired or is lost, stolen or broken, you can apply for a new one. Do you have an OV-chip account? Than you can do this online. You will receive your card within an average of four working days. If you don't need a new card, you can simply ask for a refund of the credit on your card.
Card has expired
Will your personal OV-chipkaart be expiring soon? Renew your card via your account. This is possible from six weeks before the card expires. Don’t need a new card? You can also simply request a credit refund.
Card lost or stolen
If your personal card is lost or stolen, you will need to block it as soon as possible. If the card is linked to your account, you can block your card online. You can apply for a new card straight away.
If your personal card is broken, apply for a new one via your account. If the card broke within two years and is not visibly damaged, you will receive a refund of the cost of the replacement card.
If you would like to terminate your personal card because you no longer use it, please complete the online form. Print it out and send it in with your old card. We will return the credit to your bank account.
Frequently asked questions
- My personal OV-chipkaart with the student travel product is lost/stolen. What should I do?
- My personal OV-chipkaart is not working/broken. What should I do?
- My personal OV-chipkaart has (almost) expired. What should I do?
- Why do I have to pay € 11 to replace my broken card?
- How do I request a refund of my credit?