OV-chipkaart - Terminate or replace
OV-chipkaart.nl uses cookies

We use analytical cookies to optimise your user experience and we use functional cookies to save your preferences. We also place cookies from third parties in order to show you personalised adverts. We choose to use these to ensure that you see relevant OV-chipkaart adverts on other websites. These third parties can monitor your online activity.

Click on 'Choose your own settings' to find out more about our cookies and adjust your preferences. By clicking on 'Accept and continue', you are agreeing to the use of all cookies as described in our cookie policy.

Show details
This website uses different kinds of cookies. Some cookies are placed by services from third parties that appear on our pages. You can change or withdraw your consent at any time by deleting the cookies in your browser. You can find further information in our cookie policy.

Functional cookies help make websites easier to use, by allowing basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure parts of the website. Without these cookies, the website would not be able to function properly.

Preferences cookies allow a website to remember information that affects its use and design, such as your preferred language.

A good website is never finished. We use statistics cookies to analyse the way visitors use our website. This allows us to see what works well and where there is room for improvement.

Marketing cookies are used to monitor visitors when they visit various websites, in order to display adverts that are customised and relevant to the individual user.

Terminate or replace

If your personal OV-chipkaart has expired or is lost, stolen or broken, you can apply for a new one. Do you have an OV-chip account? Than you can do this online. You will receive your card within an average of four working days. If you don't need a new card, you can simply ask for a refund of the credit on your card.

No account yet? Create one!

Card has expired

Will your personal OV-chipkaart be expiring soon? Renew your card via your account. This is possible from six weeks before the card expires. Don’t need a new card? You can also simply request a credit refund.

Card lost or stolen

If your personal card is lost or stolen, you will need to block it as soon as possible. If the card is linked to your account, you can block your card online. You can apply for a new card straight away.

Anonymous cards can not be replaced. You can request a refund of your credit using a form.

Card broken

If your personal card is broken, apply for a new one via your account. If the card broke within two years and is not visibly damaged, you will receive a refund of the cost of the replacement card.

Terminate card

If you would like to terminate your personal card because you no longer use it, please complete the online form. Print it out and send it in with your old card. We will return the credit to your bank account.