Each time your credit drops below €0, an amount will automatically be transferred from your bank account to your OV-chipkaart. You can choose from €10, €20 or €50, depending on your personal preference.
Automatic reloading is possible in combination with a personal OV-chipkaart. You will provide a single iDEAL authorisation through a payment of € 0.01. You then need to take your OV-chipkaart to a pick-up device to add automatic reloading to your card. (You can do this from 15 minutes after your application.)
Apply for automatic reload online and add it to your card at a pick-up device. From then on you will always have sufficient credit!
You can also apply for Automatic reload by post, using an Automatic reload form (new window). Processing will take no longer than three weeks.
When are amounts collected?
If your card is set up for automatic reloading, the following will take place:
- You travel and your credit falls below €0. Your card will then be automatically reloaded. The amount will be added to the credit on your card immediately. This amount will be lent to you.
- Your operator will send the reloading transaction to the central OV-chipkaart system overnight, to be processed. The instruction to debit the amount from your bank account will then be sent to your bank. The amount will be debited from your account within 15 days of us receiving your travel transaction.
- So there are a number of days between credit being added to your card and the debit from your bank account. Your card may be automatically reloaded more than once in the meantime. These amounts will then be debited from your bank account at the same time.
- The description on your bank statement will state the date and time the automatic reloading amount was added to your card.
- You can find the reloading transaction in your transaction overview at this site under My OV-chipkaart. If you do not yet have a My OV-chipkaart account, easy to apply for one.
Changing or terminating
You can change the bank account used or the amount quickly online at any time in My OV-chipkaart. You can also terminate automatic reloading in My OV-chipkaart.
Change or terminate Automatic reload online
You can also notify us of a change or cancellation by post. Download the Change form for Automatic reload (pdf, Dutch). You will receive a confirmation and instructions on how to load the change onto your OV-chipkaart within three weeks.