If you often travel by public transport, a personal OV-chipkaart will probably be the most convenient option for you.
With an personal OV-chipkaart you can:
- add personal travel products such as a monthly pass, season ticket or bus pass to the card.
- automatically enjoy any applicable age discounts when you travel on credit. You will not need to do anything for this discount to be applied.
- use Automatic reload so that you always have sufficient credit on your card.
- view your travel details online through My OV-chip and can very easily print off a travel expenses overview for your employer.
- in case of theft or loss of your card you can have it blocked to prevent misuse.
A personal OV-chipkaart is valild for five years.
Apply for a personal OV-chipkaart. You will need a digital photo and you will pay using iDEAL. The personal OV-chipkaart costs € 7.50.
Paper application form
If you cannot or do not wish to apply for your personal OV-chipkaart online, you can pick up a paper application form for a personal OV-chipkaart at the counters for public transport companies. Processing of the form involves additional actions, such as entry of your details into our systems. You will therefore pay a fee of € 3 for a paper application form.
Find a service counter nearby