At Translink, we want all passenger to be able to move freely and choose the way in which they travel themselves. We can help you to fulfil this need, but sometimes we need to know something about you. We believe that privacy is all about freedom and the ability to decide yourself how your personal data is used an who by.
In our privacy statement we have set out how we handle your personal data for you. You will find our complete privacy statement here. A summary is provided below.
What is personal data?
As soon as data can be traced directly to a person, it is referred to as personal data. Examples of personal data are your name, address, date of birth and bank account number. Your OV-chipkaart number or username can also be considered personal data.
Why does Translink process data?
Translink processes data in order to provide the following services:
- Production and distribution of the OV-chipkaart.
- Responding to requests through OV-chipkaart Customer Services, such as blocking a personal OV-chipkaart after loss or theft.
- Offering the possibility to use the public-transport travel history, for example, through My OV-chip.
- Loading credit and managing the credit that is loaded onto the OV-chipkaarts.
- Processing transactions, such as checking in and out.
- Fraud management, including prevention, detection and measures.
N.B.: Translink does not process any more personal data than necessary. Translink does not process your data for marketing purposes and will not send you any offers of products or services.
What are your rights?
Your data is your property. We therefore handle your data carefully and process and secure it according to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- access to your data
- correction of your data
- objection to processing of your personal data
- right to be forgotten
- right to data portability