Frequently asked questions
- How do I order credit?
- How much is the boarding fare for bus, metro, tram or train?
- I forgot to check out. How do I request a refund of my credit?
- My card is (almost) expired. How do I request a refund of my credit?
- My card has been incorrectly automatically reloaded. Why is this?
- How does automatic reloading work?
Good to know:
Did you (just) order credit online? The credit checker will show a credit of € 0. New credit will be added after loading your order onto your card at a pick-up device.
When checking a new or renewed personal card including automatic reloading, the credit checker will show a credit of € 0.
After checking in for the first time, your card will be automatically reloaded and credit will be added to your card.
No card to hand?
Check your credit via My OV-chip
Log in and check your credit. You do not need a card number, but your card(s) must be linked!
When you are logged into the OV-chipkaart app, you can see what your credit is in one glance at the bottom of your screen. To check the credit for another card, you can swipe through your linked cards at the bottom of your screen.
The OV-chipkaart app can be downloaded from the app store free of charge. The app can be used for personal and anonymous OV-chipkaarts. First link your card(s) by logging in using your My OV-chip account.